TRAI’s launch of the TAF COP consumer portal for all subscribers represents a necessary and commendable step in this digital era. This portal primarily aims to provide information about active SIM cards on any given user; should they encounter an unrecognized number through this interface, valid actions such as reporting that specific number for termination are available to them.
It offers the following services:
It primarily endeavors to halt the rampant issue of SIM-based cyber fraud, a significantly grave concern. Most individuals remain oblivious about the number of SIM cards registered under their Aadhar card; however, through this portal – part of an ambitious governmental initiative they aspire for every citizen to ascertain and manage their own SIM card holdings.
We can access various services listed below
- Our ID issues a complete list of all active numbers available to us.
- Directly, we have the capability to block unauthorized mobile numbers or unused ones.
- To access its services, we must log in through a mobile number actively registered with our Aadhar.
- When users possess more than nine SIM cards, a notification will automatically be triggered.
What does the Telecom portal entail?
- All subscribers find the Telecom portal exceptionally helpful: through a simple login using any active mobile number registered on their Aadhar card, be it via phone or computer they can easily track and monitor connections.
- India Today’s report reveals that Kolkata businessmen suffered a loss of INR 72 lakhs due to a sim swap since the launch of this portal; all SIM holders, upon logging into this platform, can track their records.
- We can utilize it specifically, it offers a multitude of services such as: providing information on training and development programs within the company, facilitating access to various internal tools including HR systems or knowledge databases, and establishing connections with colleagues across different departments. Portal: the system that serves as a gateway to information, resources, and services; an online interface where users can access specific tools for their needs.
- The Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications developed and features on a single platform, the new website for Telecom all services; CEIR is also accessible.
- We can utilize it to track the active SIM connections associated with our Aadhar, while also having the option to deactivate redundant numbers. By engaging CEIR, we have the capacity to lodge online requests for blocking lost or stolen mobile devices; subsequently unblocking them if found in our possession.
To access the TAFCOP, follow these simple steps: Visit the official website, anyone can login into this user-friendly interface with ease.
- Access the portal official website.
- Scroll down, navigate to the section labeled “Citizen-Centric Services” – specifically under the heading ‘Know your mobile connection’ – and promptly click on it.
- To log in, you must input an active mobile number registered with your Aadhar card.
- After validating the captcha code, proceed to entering your OTP; subsequently, click ‘login’.
After logging in, the system will display a list of all mobile connections registered under your Aadhar card.